Hours of Operation
The Accounting Office, under the Chief Fiscal Officer, is responsible for all investing of municipal funds and borrowing as directed. The Principal Account Clerk manages all personnel/payrolls and benefits.
The Accounting Department has many responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Processing of the Town of Carmel payroll on a bi-weekly basis. The payroll consists of approximately 158 employees. In the spring/summer season this number usually reaches close to 300 employees
- Human Resource responsibilities such as maintaining records of past and present Town employees. Processing of applications for Town employment, both full and part-time in accordance with Civil Service rules and regulations.
- Handles employee benefits. Oversees the administration of all medical, dental, and vision programs and retirement processing.
- Processes Workers Compensation and Disability matters for employees of the main building.
- Maintains the Alarm Permitting and Billing System. Within the Town of Carmel, if a residence or business has an alarm on premises it is mandated an alarm permit is required. The Accounting Department maintains over 2500 alarm permits.
- Processing applications and collects fees for the rental of the Lake Casse Clubhouse. We work hand-in-hand with the Manager of Lake Casse to make certain the rental process is handled correctly and security refunds are processed in a timely manner.
- Processes Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable in the KVS System.