Hours of Operation
Hon. Joseph J. Spofford, Jr. and Hon. Thomas Jacobellis preside
over the Carmel Justice Court, which has jurisdiction over criminal, civil, vehicle and traffic, Town Code and landlord/tenant violations that occur within the Town. The Town Court's maximum jurisdiction in civil and small claims cases is $3,000. Court sessions are held on Mondays and Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall in Meeting Room #1. Court sessions are open to the public. The Court Clerk's office is located in Town Hall and is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many points will I receive if I plead guilty to or convicted of my moving violation? What if I do not have a license in the State of New York?
- How do I make arrangement for a Judge to perform a marriage?
- How do I file a Landlord/Tenant matter?
- How do I file a counter claim?
- How do I file a Civil Matter?