How many points will I receive if I plead guilty to or convicted of my moving violation? What if I do not have a license in the State of New York?

-A A +A

The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles administers the Driver Violation Point System.  The DMV website lists common violations and their associated points:

If you are a non-New York driver, you must contact your home state’s DMV/Licensing authority or your insurance company to inquire about how points assigned to your driving privileges in New York State will impact your license.  Even though you may not have a New York license you do still have driving privileges in the State of New York and points will be added to your privileges in New York just as if you were a New York licensee.