Civil Matters

The court has jurisdiction up to a value of $3,000.00

You or the party you wish to sue must reside or have a primary place of business in the Town of Carmel.  If you reside in Carmel, you may sue anyone residing or that has a place within the municipal limits.  You must file a Summons with Complaint.  The filing fee is $20.00 payable when the papers are filed along with an Affidavit of Service. (See FAQ for filing instructions)