Registering to Vote
U.S. citizens 18 years of age and older are eligible to vote provided they are properly registered. Voter registration is done by mail or in person at the Putnam County Board of Elections, 25 Old Route 6, Carmel, N.Y. 10512 (845-808-1300).
Each year the Putnam County Board of Elections appoints and trains election workers to work at the town polling locations. If you are interested in working at the polls for Primary or General Elections, please contact the Putnam County Board of Elections, 25 Old Route 6, Carmel, N.Y. 10512 (845-808-1300).
- Application for Public Access to Records - Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Request
- Application to Collect Commercial Garbage and Refuse in the Town of Carmel
- Charitable Games
- Copies of Marriage, Birth, or Death Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Obtaining a Parking Permit for Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Sound Amplification Permits
- Subject Matter List and Office Retention Schedule
- Town Board Meetings & Minutes
- Town Code, Zoning Map & Public Records
- Voting & Elections